Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wacky, Wondrous, Whatever, What If Wednesday #11

Length: ‎4:48 (couldn't get this to come up so you can view it from here, maybe a left click on the picture or if you're not on Facebook, maybe do a search for Vishal Ravi video's)
 
This video is being shared on Facebook. I had difficulty posting it here but I hope you have an opportunity to view it. What if...
~~~
Just waking from a morphine doze one mid-morning during my hospital stay (see post Alice, My Legs, & Me), I saw my dad sitting along side the bed. He was weeping; I don't think I'd ever seen my dad cry before. I was able to give him an unspoken reassuring smile which imparted, "It's going to be okay."
 
After his visit, alone in my hospital room, I thought, here's my dad weeping for me; for the uncertainty of my survival, the uncertainty of life, the difficulty, pain, changes, challenges, which lie before me; a love so strong that he wished it was him in this bed and not his daughter.
 
It made me think of my Heavenly Father. How much does He weep for me? How much more does He love me? A love unfathomable, incomprehensible...a love so strong, not just for me in my struggle, but for all of us; and He did, He knows, He weeps...
 
If the only thing I gained from my loss is this slight glimpse of God's amazing love for me, well, for it I am eternally grateful.
 
Whatever comes our way may we feel His arms around us, may we feel His wondrous love, may we "Never Ever Give Up In Life."
 

1 comment:

  1. Julia - thank you for sending me here. My writing over at stories has brought my father to the forefront of my mind just now. This lovely post has just about finished me off - I am now a snivelling wreck. Joy and sorrow are both very strong emotions, but Joy in memory and Sorrow in loss mixed together make one heck of a potent cocktail!

    ReplyDelete