Friday, July 19, 2013

Light and Dark or Dark and Light


Light said to Dark, “Come let me show you my Light.”
Light’s word became a lamp unto Dark’s path, easing Dark’s fear and anxiety, calming Dark’s uncertainty.

Dark entered and was bathed in Lightness.
Light and Dark were filled with joy and they came together creating, giving birth to Shadow.

Elated, Dark said to Light, “Come let me show you my Dark.”
As Light followed, both Light and Dark noticed the light upon Dark’s path and this calmed Light’s uncertainty, easing fear and anxiety.

Light entered but wasn’t completely bathed in Darkness, so Dark said, “Maybe you must come further in.”
As Light did, awe struck both, Light and Dark. Illuminated before them were undiscovered secret places filled with hidden riches and treasures tucked in Darkness.

~~~
During times when I am surrounded by Darkness I need not fear it, succumb to it, or dismiss Light for as much as Dark is, so is Light. I must understand there is as much Lightness which surrounds me as there is Darkness and vice a versa. And while I dwell in one, (and dwelling in Dark, I now know is as needful as dwelling in Light), the other exists for me as well. This understanding brings an awareness that where there is Light there cannot be complete Darkness and because Dark remains there cannot be complete Lightness; thus we have exposure, shadow, opposition, balance. They, Light and Dark, exist as a balance to the beauty of life. Arriving to this knowing calms uncertainty, eases fear and anxiety, revealing hidden riches of my secret places and treasures of my Darkness, bathing me in Lightness.

~~~

Isaiah 45:3 “And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou may know that I, the Lord, which call you by name am the God of Isreal.”
Isaiah 45:7 “I form the light and create darkness: I make peace and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.”

Yogi Bhajan : “You are a human being. Hu means halo, light, which we all have. Man means mental. Being means for the time being. For the time being, you are a mental halo of light.”
Psalms 119:105 “Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”


 

 

1 comment:

  1. honouring your wisdom and your strength... there is wholeness in embracing the darkness that has unimaginable gifts <3

    ReplyDelete