Thursday, March 10, 2011

On The Lighter Side-About Last Night

As we pulled into the driveway I noticed I hadn’t turned the porch light on for the dog. “Oh man, I forgot to turn a light on for Cad. I hope she’s okay…oh good she’s still standing,” I said as I saw her sausage shaped figure under the star light. I continued, “You know our baby cat was out way past dark last night.” By now it’s a given, Garth is rolling his eyes and can’t wait to get out of the vehicle. I continued any way, “I told baby cat that I want him in when the street lights come on but he’s not listening to me; he’ll be coyote snack if he doesn’t.”
Turning off the engine Garth said, “You know mom I was beginning to worry about you going crazy when I move out.”
“You were? But you’re not anymore?” I asked, even knowing what his quick response would be.
“Nope, you’re already there.” He said in his ‘smarty-farty-Garthie’ way.
“I knew you were going to say that.” I said, getting out of the truck. “Look at all those bazillions stars. I just love living here, don’t you?”
“No!”
“Oh, come on, any place else you wouldn’t have all these beautiful stars to look at.”
“Yep, some place more civilized, the same stars would be over us,” he said still in his ‘smarty-farty’ tone.
“Thanks for taking me tonight.”
“Yup.”
“I sure love you son.”
“I love you too Mom.”

No comments:

Post a Comment