Saturday, March 19, 2011

Super Full Moon

A Super Moon occurs once about every 18 years and tonight’s Full Moon is one of these Super Full Moons. It should be a glorious sight to see. Most people are aware of the affects of the Moon. And, undoubtedly, many have heard or read about the possible extra power packed in tonight’s Full Moon. For an interesting perspective read John Hogue’s article entitled Libya, the Japanese Quake, Tsunami, Meltdowns: Food for the Super Moon which is at his found http://hogueprophecy.com .
In Mr. Hogue’s writing he refers to mystic George Gurdjieff. Through this article and with a slight bit of online research, my best understanding of Gurdjieff’s thought of the moon is that the Moon, being formed from parts of the Earth, continues to yearn for and requiring nourishment from Mother Earth; in a similar manner as a child does of his or her Mother.
A disciple of Gurdjieff, PD Ouspnsky, wrote this curious thought in his book, In Search of the Miraculous, “The influence of the Moon upon everything living manifests itself in all that happens on Earth. Man cannot tear himself free from the Moon. All his movements and consequently all his actions are controlled by the Moon. The mechanical part of our life is subject to the Moon. The moon at present feeds on organic life, on humanity.” (from, http://skepdic.com/gurdjieff )

When I was discussing this with Rick he mentioned to me that during his reading of Edgar Cayce he found it interesting that Cayce had some similar thoughts of the formation of the Moon and her influence upon Earth. I wish I had those books with me to research myself. While an internet search brought up much about Edgar Cayce I didn’t find much about his thoughts of the Moon. However, as a note of interest, Edgar Cayce’s birthday was yesterday, March 18th.

As I often do, I sought what scripture had to say. Luke 21:25, “And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distresses of nations with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring…” How cool is that in light of world and celestial events. Not that the events are cool but the foresight of the current events. Also, I remembered from last weekend when I was bouncing in Psalms; chapter 89:37, “..the moon, the faithful witness in the sky.”

All of this stuff about the Moon is so fascinating to me as I adore the Moon throughout all of her waxing and waning phases. I believe many of us have lost our lust for sweet Luna along with admiration and respect for her power and influence. Maybe looking up at her seems too old fashioned in light of all of humanities educated, scientific knowledge. Or, has religious dogma scared us into pulling back from her mysterious and mystic ways.

Thinking of and reading about the Moon reminded me of a dream I had when I was a child. One of those dreams so powerful it becomes imbedded in memory. In the dream I was riding along with my dad in our ’66 Oldsmobile. Dad was driving east on Charleston Boulevard under the Charleston overpass (any of you familiar with Las Vegas in the 60’s and 70’s will know this location. During these years and especially to a child, this dip was really, really deep, so deep in fact it flooded with each, though few and far between, rain storm). It was dusk and as we came up from the dip I looked into the sky. The Moon had just risen and was slightly towards the south. It was a huge, red glowing orb which began to crack open. One side, the side to my left, remained vertical and the other lay horizontal. I sat watching in awe as red goo began to ooze out from the crack and plop down towards earth. I looked over at my dad who didn’t seem to notice anything odd.

This dream was long before I had any religious influence or heard or read any scripture so you can image my astonishment when I first read Revelation 6:12 in which it mentions the whole moon turning blood red. I have often thought of this dream and while Revelations is kind of scary to me I never recall being afraid in the dream. This dream certainly hasn’t been the only one I have had about the moon or the moon’s influence over individuals; I have had many over the course of my 49 years and hope to continue to have many more.

Tonight’s Full Moon is known as the Storm Moon or Sap, Worm, Crow, Fish, Crust, or Windy Moon. (These names, for the most part, are self explanatory but if you become curious please ask me.) It will also become known as a Super Moon. I don’t need to wait 18 years or so for a Moon to be super; to me every Full Moon is a super Moon. I hope you will take a few moments to silently revel at Luna’s radiant beauty tonight. I know I will, I may even allow her feed on me and I on her, knowing we both are made up of celestial dust formed by an incredible Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment