Sunday, May 8, 2011

Closing Mother's Day Thought

This weekend I was blessed to spend time with each of my children as they all had gathered here in our little country town.

Morgan introduced me to her sweet new baby girl.

Christopher graduated from college receiving his Bachelor's in Science Human Nutrition.

Heather told me all about her classroom of students and butterflies.

Dillon totally took care of the Bar B Que.

Garth, tho he was busy all weekend, made a chocolate moment.

Oh yes, there is much more to each of these thoughts, much more from this weekend, but for now, for me, on this Mother's Day of my 49th year journey, I want to keep it so simple. These snipets of each of my children, of each of these amazing individuals, really speaks volumes to me. As the day closed, I was drawn to a timeless children's book, one tucked in the book shelf. I sought it out. I read it. I smiled. I cried.

"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be."
from Love You Forever, Robert Munsch


No comments:

Post a Comment