Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wacky, Wondrous, Whatever Wednesday #7

I once heard about a little boy’s evening ritual. Every night, at bed time, his daddy would read him a story then the little boy would sing “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.” After he finished his sweet song he would kneel beside his bed and pray the “now I lay me down to sleep…” prayer.
One night after hearing his most favorite bed time story and wonderfully singing “Twinkle Twinkle” he began his prayer, “Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, if I should wake before I die…” He stopped suddenly realizing his error. With widened eyes he said, “Oh daddy, I’m so sorry! I messed up. Should I start over?”
With tears in his eyes the dad replied, “No son, you didn’t mess up. I think you said it perfect.”

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the purity of some souls! I think it is the goal of many of us to awake before we die (of body anyway). Thanks for sharing this, it is exquisitely precious.

    ReplyDelete